Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Introduction

This blog will be the reflections on video gaming from a veteran but casual gamer. It will not be comprehensive in any way, and the games and topics I talk about will be based on my constantly fluctuating whims, which will probably seem arbitrary to most readers.

I'm back into video gaming after a 10 year absence. I skipped the XBox / PS2 generation, and only bought a current-generation system (XBox 360) within the last month.

The main reason I bought the 360 was to play games with my son, who is almost 4 years old (and eventually my daughter, but currently she's only 1). (I know there aren't as many kid-friendly games for that system as there are for the Wii, but I had other reasons for choosing the XBox, and there are enough kid-friendly games for it.)

I'll be posting my thoughts on the games I've been playing as well as other observations about video gaming in general, especially how it's changed during my life.

My perspective has been shaped by owning a Colecovision, NES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, and Sega Dreamcast, spending a lot of time in arcades, and playing my share of PC games -- all over the last 25 years

No comments:

Post a Comment